As we have for the last 100 years, we make sure every edition of the Tax Summary is as comprehensive, useful and up-to-date as possible. As we strive to include all the new information and guidance you need to know around COVID-19, this will unavoidably create some delay in the release of the upcoming 2020-21 edition.
However, TSA members are always able to access a digital copy of the latest published Tax Summary (currently 2019-20) simply by logging into the member portal and going to the ‘My benefits’ tab.
Hard copies of the 2019-20 edition will be shipped as soon as the Melbourne stage 4 lockdown is over.
The Tax Summary
is the essential tax guide for everyone who needs to navigate the complexities of the Australian taxation system. It is written in plain English (no jargon!) with explanations and easy-to-follow examples on taxation and superannuation.
It provides worked examples, checklists and flowcharts, including tips for avoiding pitfalls. This tax guide covers all aspects of tax: income tax, superannuation, capital gains tax, GST, fringe benefits and also State based taxes.
Whether you are a tax practitioner, business owner, individual or studying, the Tax Summary has, for the past 100 years, been a cornerstone in building an understanding of Australia’s tax system.
Making tax simple:
- Rates, thresholds and offsets to help you plan for 2020
- Find out how small businesses and primary producers can benefit from a suite of special tax concessions
- A comprehensive checklist of deductions for employees and business taxpayers
- Overview of superannuation and retirement planning
- Manage FBT obligations for employers
- Comply with state taxes including payroll tax, stamp duty and land taxes