Presented by Allan Swan.
This webinar provides a comparison of alternatives & highlights key taxation, asset protection, estate planning considerations for particular structuring alternatives/combinations.
There are a number of choices for holding business assets in Australia. These choices vary considerably in their structure, rights of equity holders, degree of asset protection & taxation treatment.
Topics to be covered during the webinar:
- Business risk, eg for directors & professionals
- Identifying key business assets
- Partnerships & unincorporated joint ventures
- Proprietary companies
- Implications of 30% company income tax rate
- Funding via secured & unsecured loans
- Private unit trusts
- Family trusts – funded by gifts or loans
- Ownership of non-trading assets
- Intra business agreements
- Capital gains tax (CGT)
- Small business CGT concessions
- Business premises owned by SMSFs
- GST – going concern exemption
- Victorian & interstate transfer duty
On completion of this webinar you will be able:
- To identify key alternatives for structuring Australian businesses.
- To identify key structuring constraints on businesses.
- To identify planning & tax opportunities for particular business structures.
- To identify realisation & business succession issues for different structures.
- To be able to recall & apply the knowledge gained from the presentation
Recorded on Tuesday, 29 May 2018.
1.5 CPD Hours