SMSFs are a mixture of advantages, opportunity, restrictions & pitfalls.
This webinar tracks the operation of an Australian SMSF from when its members are 50 years of age or less to when its members are 80+.
In doing so, it highlights how an individual might get the most benefit from their SMSF.
Scene 1 – Age 50
· Membership, contribution limits & investment options
· Business real property v other real estate
· Funding limited recourse borrowing, eg Division 7A loans
Scene 2 – Ages 60-65
· Commencing tax-free pensions
· Transfer balance caps & ongoing accumulation accounts
· Family law – splitting & flagging member accounts
Scene 3 – Age 74
· Non-concessional v small business concession contributions
· Non-lapsing binding death benefit nominations
· Cascading binding death benefit nominations
Scene 4 – Age 80+
· Planning for SMSF to continue as 2nd generation fund
· Pre-empting challenges to death benefit payments
· Utilising transfer balance accounts
Presented by: Allan Swan
Recorded on Tuesday, 18 September 2018
CPD hours: 1.5