The Federal Budget announced that loss carry-backs would be available for certain companies for a limited time. Further, a number of the small business concessions will be extended to businesses that have a turnover of between $10 million and $50 million (‘medium businesses’). These changes have now been passed by Federal Parliament.
In this one-hour webinar, John Jeffreys, Tax & Super Australia’s Tax Counsel will clearly explain:
- Which entities the loss carry-back rules apply to
- What years tax losses can be carried back from and to which years of income
- How the loss carry-back works in practice
- Franking account issues
- Tax planning
- Anti-avoidance rules
- What benefits medium businesses will be able to obtain
- From what dates will the benefits apply?