Recorded on Tuesday, 1 May 2020.
Details concerning the JobKeeper scheme are changing by the day. The technical team at Tax & Super Australia have been closely watching all of the information as it becomes available. Further, our Tax Counsel, John Jeffreys, has been in conversations with senior ATO people 2 - 3 times per week concerning how the ATO is administering the JobKeeper scheme. In this webinar we will provide you with the latest information.
Topics will include:
- The alternative JobKeeper test.
- Pay periods and the issue of alignment with JobKeeper fortnights.
- Enrolment issues.
- Problems with businesses that have not lodged information with the ATO.
- Decline in turnover calculation issues.
- Satisfying the wages condition.
- Reporting issues coming up for employers
Charles Power, partner of Holding Redlich and workplace relations specialist will examine:
- Employment aspects of the JobKeeper scheme: eligible employees, long term casuals, leaving out eligible employees, JobKeeper enabling stand downs and other avenues for JobKeeper employers
- Safety obligations for employees: working on-site or at home
- The new rules regarding service entities
- Leave entitlements for employees who cannot work
- Options for non-JobKeeper employers: reducing pay and working hours, stand downs, leave (agreed and forced) and retrenchment.
Presented by John Jeffreys and Charles Power
1.5 CPD hours