We all experienced working from home in 2020 and now people want to claim deductions for their “home offices”. In this session we will look at how to get these claims right, including:
1. What extra deductions will the Commissioner allow due to COVID-19?
2. When can we claim occupancy costs and not just running costs?
3. What is the best of the three available methods to calculate these deductions
4. What happens to our CGT main residence exemptions due to these claims?
5. How do we work out what to claim regarding internet and mobile phone usage?
6. What the Commissioner has said about paying for items for employees while they work from home?
Recorded on 25 June 2021
Presented by Ken Mansell
1 CPD Hour